Lapco International delighted have delivered our first ever ‘Train the Trainer’ (Lapco TT) course in Latin America!
Lapco founders Mark Coleman and Tom Cecil visited the Fundacion Insimed in Bogota, Columbia to train a group of six surgical trainers across two days in partnership with Medtronic. Highlights included:
- Conscious competence
- Taking over in the OR
- Performance Enhancing Instruction
- Dual Task Interference
- Delivery feedback
- Optimising the training environment
- Dealing with a difficult trainee
- Competence and assessment
- Communication and human factors
- ‘Live’ surgery mentoring sessions
They were also joined by Jamie Sanchez, an attendee of previous faculty development programme delivered by Lapco to support the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) and The University of South Florida’s Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation (CAMLS).