Tom is a co-founder and Director of Lapco. He is a Consultant Colorectal Surgeon with nearly 20 years experience in surgical training.
Tom has been a Consultant colorectal Surgeon, since 2002, specialising in laparoscopic colorectal surgery and peritoneal malignancy surgery. Since 2011 he has been Clinical Director of the Peritoneal Malignancy Institute in Basingstoke, one of the largest centres in the world in the treatment of peritoneal cancers.
He has lectured extensively nationally and internationally on laparoscopic colorectal surgery and peritoneal malignancy and presented and published on both subjects.
In 2003, Tom set up the Peripherique laparoscopic training courses with laboratory skills courses, clinical workshops and hands on clinical immersion courses. In conjunction with Frimley park hospital he ran one of the Lapco training centres for laparoscopic colorectal surgery.
- Faculty member of National MDT/TME training programme
- Danish MDT laparoscopic training programme
- European laparoscopic masterclass
- Chair of the CSCCN Colorectal Network Site specific group
- Lead Clinician for the International Colorectal cancer Improvement programme
- Medical Advisory board (Bowel Cancer UK).
- Council of ACPGBI