Lapco ‘Train the Trainers’ (TT)
Developing surgeons to become better trainers.
Focused on the specific needs of Minimally Invasive Surgery:
- Adapted from the original UK laparoscopic colorectal surgery ‘Lapco TT’ course.
- 2 day interactive course (Day 1: classroom/ Day 2: clinical immersion).
- Between 6-16 delegates requiring; identifiable skills in robotic surgery, commitment and enthusiasm to train colleagues.
- Covering all relevant surgical specialties.
- Supported by leaders of the NHS Lapco Programme.
Improved patient outcomes, safer delivery, and reduced costs.
- Principles of how surgeons acquire and retain training skills.
- How to implement a structured framework in training.
- How to critically review a training episode.
- Conscious competence in practice and training.
- Continually assessing performance as a trainer.
- Using Lapco assessment tools to accelerate and stimulate learning.
- Understand Telementoring.
- To optimise training in Lap/ Robotic surgery.
- To improve safety in surgery.
- To shorten the learning curve for trainees.
- To improve clinical outcomes & mortality rates.
- To improve health economics
Faculty Development programme:
Developing a cohort of faculty for you to deliver TT courses independently
Why develop your own faculty?
- Cost effective method to scale delivery of TT courses.
- Lapco certification & continued support for the client’s TT programme.
- Quality assessment of the programme by a member of the Lapco faculty (typical on an annual basis).
- Use of the Lapco training materials with agreement to joint brand, customise & translate (where required) course materials & marketing literature.
- Entitlement to receive general updates/improvements to the course.
- No limit to the number of courses the client can deliver.
Example development pathway:
- Surgical training and patient safety
- Competence and assessment in surgery
- Economics of surgical training
- Human factors training
- Failing trainees
- Leadership in surgery
- Team training
- Non-technical skills training
- Simulation training
- Presentation skills
- Careers advice in surgery
Please contact us for further information.